Friday 4 March 2016

UFC 196 WALK THE WALK



UFC 196 is just a few days away and the MMA community is absolutely electric. On March 5th, the two main events feature some of the most exciting fighters in the game, who also happen to be a few of my favourite fighters. In honour of the big event, TFC presents a special Fight Night preview.

Co-Main Event: Holly Holm vs Miesha Tate
Holly Holm (left) stares down opponent Miesha Tate (right)
Picture from UFC.com
Holly Holm shocked the world and shot into stardom after a dramatic KO victory over previously undefeated Ronda Rousey. Her headkick knockout won Holly the Women’s Bantam weight title, something her opponent Miesha Tate has failed to do one two separate occasions, both against Ronda Rousey.

Stylistically, the advantage in this fight goes to Holly Holm.
A former kickboxer, Holly trains with Mike Winkeljohn, one of the best fight coaches in the game. Winkeljohn trained fighters are known for lightning fast footwork and never-ending cardio. Add in Holly’s devastating power and this fight could be over quickly, unless Miesha Tate can use her strength and rock-solid chin to eat shots and wear Holm down. 
TFC gives this fight to Holly Holm, with a second round TKO.

Main Event: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz
Conor McGregor (left) vs Nate Diaz (right)
Picture from The Bleacher Report
Talk The Talk, Walk The Walk:

The main event is a battle between two of the best talkers in the UFC. Mega-star and Featherweight champ Conor McGregor is known for getting into his opponents head with spectacular amounts of trashtalk. His opponent Nate Diaz has a reputation as a “bad boy of MMA,” who uses trash talk during the fight to throw his opponent off.
These guys don’t just have skilled tongues, though.
McGregor KO’d long time Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo in 13 seconds, something many thought couldn’t be done.
Diaz has very impressive striking and posses a wealth of BJJ knowledge, something that could be a factor in the fight.


TFC sees this fight either ending early with a McGregor KO, or Diaz by submission in the later rounds.
For an official predication, TFC gives this fight to Conor McGregor via second round KO.

7 comments:

  1. I look forward to this fight. Although I would have rather seen dos santos than diaz, but it should be a great match. Nice post Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really followed UFC since the days of Tito Ortiz, but the fights tomorrow night have a lot of hype to live up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually watched this event live. I hadn't watched a UFC fight in a while but with all the attention this was getting I could resist. I picked Miesha Tate to win against Holly Holmes but I totally though McGregor would win. Boy was I wrong. I think he was to cocky going into the fight, and then when he got hit it really caught him off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool post! After read your post, I might want to watch a UFC fight to see how it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was basically dragged to watch this fight and I ended up having a great time and rooting for Diaz and Tate. It was certainly a long wait to see these two, but it was worth it! Even though, I don't think I'll watch fights like this again, too much violence for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was only natural to side with Conor, despite the results he is still the champ! Trash talk makes these events all the way more entertaining I would say. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double Dissappointment Mcgregor and holly both lost ! I was cheering for two of my favourite UFC fighters and both of thm lost. It was heartbreaking but now I am looking forward for an amazing comeback from both of them.
    Great post Phil !

    ReplyDelete